Friday, August 2, 2013

Vintage Typewriter Redo!

Well I'm back again!!
I've been super busy and I've finally decided that I really want to put some effort into Making my blog what I Want it to be! So I'm back! :D

Today I bring you, the typewriter redo!
I found this typewriter that my moms friend was giving away, and being the typewriter-lover that I am snatched it up, spiderwebs and all! Well I brought it home and it sat on my porch, and it sat, and it sat... And then I moved it to the garage where it sat some more... Waiting to be cleaned. Waiting for my "AH HA" moment... So probably about 6 months has gone by since I got the typewriter and I thought to myself "I really would like either a pink or teal typewriter!" And then realizing how expensive they can be, thought "Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be to paint the one I have?! Since its beat up anyway!" So you probably know what I did next... 
Oh GOOGLE! Found a blog post 
(http://daydreamerpress.blogspot.com/2011/10/painting-typewriter.html?m=So off I went to JoAnn's with my coupons in hand to get myself some teal spray paint! Came home and started taping every inch on that typewriter that I didn't want teal! 

Then I primed and painted! I ended up only needing 1 coat of primer and 2 coats of paint... And then...

TADAH!!!
Now my Royal 440 typewriter looks FABULOUS!!! If I even find another typewriter that is not in the best condition I will paint it peachy pink! But I was feeling teal for this one! :)
If you've done a typewriter redo send it to me on Instagram @ppe_photography or email me! :) 
More posts coming soon!!!
Xoxo
Sami!

No comments:

Post a Comment